Jul 27, 2011

wednesday's {eye candy session}

I first came across this session by Kara while browsing around Sweet Violet Jane's facebook page.  It caught my eye and I was immediately brought back to my childhood and my young imagination.  Who isn't a fan of "Where the Wild Thing Are"?  It was a brilliant and unique idea to bring it to life through pictures and I can't imagine how much fun it was to do so.   I hope you enjoy this childhood fantasy eye candy as much as I did and walk away with some amazing inspiration.

Name: Kara May

Business name:  Kara May Photography   
 
Website :  www.karamayphotography.com 

Blog:  www.karamayphotography.com/blog

Facebook page:  www.facebook.com/Kara.L.May

What Camera and lens was the session taken with:  I shot this session with the 5D MarkII and I used my  24-70 L 2.8 lens as well as my fish-eye lens.

Any venders from props used:  The Boy's Crown was made by 'Sweet Violet Jane'

Thoughts behind the shoot:  When I received this crown from Sweet Violet Jane to photograph, I immediately thought of one of my favorite childhood books, 'Where the Wild Things Are' by Maurice Sendak.  My mind immediately started spinning with ideas.  This session was super impromptu (I work best if I don't over think things and just go with spur of the moment ideas).  We used just a couple of props and we spent 40 minutes in an abandoned lot playing and acting out parts from the book.  My son really got into it, and I loved every minute of this session.  We stayed at the empty lot after our session so the kids could run around.  We played till the sun went down.

13 comments:

  1. love. these are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love these

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this wonderful feature. I'm flattered. Love your site - it's full of beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo love this session for so many reasons, mostly your beautiful imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Beautiful work, my sweet friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you again Kara!! It's creations from talented photographers like you who make it beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool idea, and a beautiful job on the processing. I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the photos, love your site! i'm excited to check back often :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just discovered your blog via Kara May! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely amazing!! It is so magical-looking, it's unreal!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous images! Can't wait to see the other features on your site!

    ReplyDelete